Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How CAN you help?

Well, dear reader, you might be saying, "How do you expect to find five million cans in a year and a half when you haven't even reached a thousand yet?" That's where you come in. I'm going to walk the neighborhood and ask neighbors if they'll donate their refundable trash. I'm going to talk to people in the community and ask if they don't have a recycling program in their offices, if I could start one and come pick up the cans for my kids.

And you, if you have a recycling location or a CRV redemption center in your neighborhood, use it! I go to the REPLANET in Arcadia, CA. And I am setting up a PayPal account in my kids' name that you can send your nickels to. If you want, take a pic of your recycle ticket and e-mail it to fivemillioncanproject@yahoo.com and donate those cans, those bottles, those nickels and dimes to Sam and Max's college funds. We would be very grateful. Also, it will show us what we CAN do together.

Thanks!

The Can Mom.

Other places to find recycling locations: http://www.bottlesandcans.com/dev/locator.cfm

Although, I don't know if that's a place to get money for your recyclables or just turn them in.

If you do the math, there are about 493 days left until Sam turns 5. Four hundred and ninety three days until I should have five million cans. That means I need to get 4,999,225 cans in 493 days, or roughly 10,140 cans a day. I can't do this all by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment