Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy IndeCANdance Day!

Happy IndeCANdance Day!

You know, I don’t want to say that my journey is anything like the huge journey that our forefathers took in getting to this country, leaving their homeland and defeating their former king, but I will honor those women and men who took that journey in saying this:
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”

Those people had to make the decision to start. They had to make the decision to pack up and get on the boat. They probably never imagined that 243 years later, not only would they have been successful in making their own country, but that that country would be one of the leading global superpowers (even if we’re in a bit of turmoil now.)

So, I made the decision to get five million cans. Now I need to stick with it until it’s a success. It’s as simple as that. This is a big journey for me because I have to teach myself that it’s okay to ask others for help. It’s okay to persuade others to start something beneficial to themselves, the Earth and, well, me. That’s going to be the biggest obstacle for me, because the rest is just getting cans and recycling them.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I honor my relative, (Great x 9 Grandfather or Uncle), Captain John Stacey, who fought in the Revolutionary War. I gotta say, we have it good compared to them and thanks to them.

I want to thank all those who donated cans and bottles—Study Circle Preschool, my Grandma Joy-- and to remind the people who left cans and bottles in the trash cans around Library Park this past Sunday that nothing disappears. There are things we remember forever and there are other more physical things that never disappear.

This week:198 cans and bottles for a total of $9.90
Grand total: 2462 and $123.10

No comments:

Post a Comment