Monday, September 6, 2010

A little math

When telling a man about The Can Project, he said, "It's like that saying-- the journey of a million miles starts with a single step." Well, the journey of 5,000,000 cans starts with a single can. And I'm thankful for my friends, grandmother, relatives, who have donated to the cause. There's been local schools, businesses, and I just am so thankful to everyone.

Tomorrow I'm running a half marathon, and much like this project, it's just keeping at it, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. I know I can do it!
Either way, wish me luck. And this week, there's been $17.60 worth of cans, 352 to be exact, bringing our grand total to 3803, nearly $200 for my kids' education.

Okay, so here's a little math.

If you look at how many cans I've collected and how many I need, well just put it this way, when I make the pie chart for out of Five Million Cans, the "slice" looks like a line. But when I make the pie chart for out of 100,000 cans, it looks a little better. Here, take a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment