Monday, January 31, 2011

Beer Can Furniture

Right before we went on vacation--(Yes, we actually left the state to visit my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.) I took a big load of recycling to our Re Planet recycling station and got $16.95. This means I recycled 339 cans! Thank you to Mashelle and Chris who donated their recycling to us after the poker game.

This brings our GRAND TOTAL of cans/bottles recycled to 7,459. ($372.95)

While on vacation, we went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Orlando. While there were a few sights I could've done without-- the guy whose snake goes up his nose and out his mouth, the lady with plates in her lips, the man tattooed like a snake-- there was a room full of "stuff made from other stuff". There were underwear and purses made from cigarette (ew) and gum wrappers, a life-sized model of a Rolls Royce made from match sticks, and this: Doll Furniture made from beer cans. I don't know if I'd let my kids play with toys made from beer cans, but it's an interesting way to reuse materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment